- This event has passed.
Closed Terrarium Workshop
15 March @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
One event on 22 March 2020 at 3:00pm
A beginner friendly guided class to make and bring home a glass garden with living plants. Learn to start a terrarium crafting hobby.
About the instructor:
Ronnie Khoo is a plant artist and educator who pursues terrarium making and plant installations. He operates Ohsum Mossum Terrariums and Shrubbery, a botanical creative space. Since 2015 he has taught terrariums to an estimated 4000 public and corporate students. He explains terrariums and plant care in simple terms to make planting a fun experience for beginners, empowering everyone to bring nature into their lives.
Workshop covers the following hands-on topics:
- Closed terrarium concepts
- Indoor plant care basics
- Terrarium planting and design (plant handling, tweezer techniques, arrangement)
- Closed terrarium care (mould, condensation, fertilizing, maintenance, propagation)
Options and fee:
Group booking (2 or more) 10% discount. Return student guided 20% discount.
- Fishbowl 2.4L 20cm diameter
RM190 regular / RM171 group / RM152 return student guided
- Bring your own closed jar/s (send photo and measurements for quote)
RM150++ regular / RM135++ group / RM120++ return student guided
- Jar as per option (or bring your own)
- Assorted closed jar plants (no limit, 30 days warranty)
- Terrarium materials including soil, sand, gravel, stones and dried sphagnum
- Figurines (no limit)
- Fertilizer to bring home
- Guidance, use of workshop tools, light refreshments
Time and venue:
- 3-6pm 15 March 2020 or
- 3-6pm 22 March 2020
- Shrubbery / Ohsum Mossum Terrariums 29-1, Jalan PJU 1/3G, SunwayMas Commercial Centre, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Bookings by registration and fee transfer. Email email@example.com or PM on Facebook or Instagram. Ages 10 and up, 10 students per class. Photos for reference, similar plants and materials subject to availability.
Please drop us a message to register: