- This event has passed.
Basics of Indoor Plant Care
21 March @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Do you love plants but keep killing them, and have no idea why? Up your plant game with our workshop tailored for new plant parents. Understand the basics to growing plants indoors.
About the instructor:
Ronnie Khoo is a plant artist and educator who pursues terrarium making and plant installations. He operates Ohsum Mossum Terrariums and Shrubbery, a botanical creative space. Since 2015 he has conducted plant workshops to an estimated 4000 public and corporate students. He explains plant care in simple terms empowering beginners to bring nature into their lives.
Workshop covers the following hands-on topics:
- Plants and how they grow
- Light and knowing if plants are getting enough
- Watering as an overlooked art
- Soil and what goes into an indoor soil mix
- Propagation or how to get more plants from plants
- Pests and problems and how to manage them
- Tips for common house plants – aroids, succulents, cacti, carnivorous plants, air plants, kokedama, mounted plants and terrariums
- Mix soil and pot your own terracotta mixed pot of easy care plants
- RM60 per pax. 10% off for groups and return students. 30% off with purchase of potted plant.
Time and venue:
- 3pm-6pm 21 March 2020
- Shrubbery / Ohsum Mossum Terrariums 29-1, Jalan PJU 1/3G, SunwayMas Commercial Centre, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Bookings by registration and fee transfer. Please email email@example.com or DM on Facebook or Instagram. Ages 10 and up, 15 students per class. Photos for reference, similar plants and materials subject to availability.
Please drop us a message to register: